Sulphites (or sulfites as they are known in most other countries) are different from other allergens as they are inorganic salts with preservative properties rather than food proteins.
This is not usually a classic IgE allergy as the symptoms are usually either from contact in the form of rashes or exacerbating asthma symptoms, so are classed as a sensitivity or intolerance.
Sufferers may find that they are able to tolerate a low sulphite diet rather than avoiding completely.
There is no information on syndromes associated with sulphite allergy.
There is currently no information on cross reactivity associated with sulphite allergies.